SQL DBA- Boston/Hybrid
Our client, a global asset management firm in Boston, MA is seeking a strong Senior Database Administrator to join their team. This is a hybrid role where the candidate is expected to be in the office 2-3 days a week.
You will lead/mentor a small team of DBA’s and will need to have at least 5-8 years of DBA experience ideally within a financial services environment. You should have strong experience with architecting SQL Server on VMWare and have extensive knowledge of high availability architecture including AlwaysOn Availability Groups and Windows Server Failover Cluster.
What you will do:
- Design, configure, implement, and administer all databases for various areas of the firm.
- Develop, implement, and supervise standards and procedures to ensure optimum performance, scalability and reliability.
- Advise on storage and RAID configurations, VMWare setup, optimization, performance tuning and Microsoft standard processes, as it relates to database performance.
- Maintain and improve the database disaster recovery and backup plans.
- Provide consistent SQL Server installations for Dev/QA/UAT/Prod including related components and version upgrades.
- Monitor production, development and QA hardware utilization and make recommendations as needed to ensure systems are working optimally.
- Adhere to company security policies and standards to provide database access to groups of users and administrators.
- Automate maintenance tasks to gain operational efficiencies.
- Be part of on-call rotation, including nights and weekends as needed.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S) or equivalent experience
- 5-8 Years of DBA experience