Regardless of industry trends, there is always a need for accounting and finance. Consequently, there is always room for growth in this sector. However, irrespective of the demand for your accounting and finance skills, moving forward in your career requires action.
Open The Door To Growth And Promotion
Sharpen your skills
Create a plan to polish your strengths and compensate for your weaknesses.
- Are you up-to-date on the latest technology?
- Is there a specific certification that will enhance your current skills and abilities?
- Is there an area of service that you can add to your repertoire?
- Do you need to build soft skills like communication, critical thinking, negotiation, management, or leadership?
Don’t hesitate to discuss your aspirations with a trusted colleague or mentor. They can give you a fresh perspective on your strengths and weaknesses. Furthermore, their insight and objectivity may bring something you have overlooked to light.
Build your reputation
If you owned the company, would you hire yourself?
- Do you complete tasks by the deadline?
- Do you deliver accuracy and excellence?
- Are you known for being helpful and positive?
- Do your colleagues consider you to be reliable and trustworthy?
- Do you exemplify the traits of leadership?
It’s not just about wanting to grow and succeed in your career; it’s about being the professional who deserves to be chosen for a promotion.
Build your network
Strong relationships play a significant role in your success and career fulfillment.
- Make a point of building connections within your company.
- Focus on being an authentic team player.
- Participate in industry forums via social media.
- Generate LinkedIn discussions.
- Attend networking events.
- Be active in your community.
Remember, “what goes around, comes around.” A genuine desire to connect with and help others will benefit your career.
Set goals and timelines
Career growth doesn’t just happen. Be focused and diligent.
- Make a plan.
- Set goals and break them down into steps.
- Establish timelines and other measurable achievement markers.
- Build in flexibility because ‘life happens.’
Making a plan and sticking to it is essential for career growth, but remember to include time for family, friends, and fun. It’s no fun to reach the top and find yourself alone.
Bottom-line: Preparing for success in 2023 takes thought, planning, and action. It means considering the big picture of life – not just the career side, working out the details, and moving forward. Daley AA is here to help you. We match your career skills and dreams with the best-fit position for you. Contact us today.