Valuation and SEC Reporting Analyst (Hybrid, 4 days in office)
A highly successful business development company, located in Boston, California and NYC, are actively searching for a Valuation and SEC Reporting Analyst to join their team! Reporting to the Manager of Valuation and SEC Reporting, this person will be responsible for valuation functions over the firms warrant and equity portfolios, including gathering, organizing and analyzing data for quarterly portfolio valuations and drafting supporting schedules. They’re looking to pay between up to 110K base, depending on experience, plus 20% bonus. If you’re interested in the opportunity, please keep reading.
- Data collection and analysis to determine quarterly investment portfolio valuations by coordinating with deal, legal and credit teams.
- Accurate tracking of all M&A, Liquidation, IPO, and legal activity that impacts the valuation of investments.
- Calculating and recording journal entries for all valuation related transactions, including valuation of warrants earned at the time of loan origination.
- Gain working knowledge of Qval (system used for equity and warrant valuations), Sentry (system used for loan servicing and debt valuations), D365 (accounting system) and Workiva (platform used for SEC filings).
- Preparation of quarterly financial statement disclosures for the 10-Q and 10-K using Workiva. This role requires coordination with valuation, legal, investor relations and core accounting departments.
- CPA or advanced degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- 2-3 years in audit or accounting role with exposure to Level 3 investment valuation and SEC reporting preferred.
- Professional experience in a financial services environment preferred.
- Strong analytical capabilities/ understanding of US GAAP/ Familiarity with public reporting
- Must be willing to work on a hybrid work schedule (4 days in office)
This is a full-time opportunity that is offering up to 110K base, plus 20% bonus and a hybrid work schedule (4 days in office). If you’re interested in applying to the Valuation and SEC Reporting Analyst position, please submit your resume to Hali Siegel @Hsiegel@daleyaa.com.