Trade Operations Analyst- Investment Management- Boston, MA
We are seeking candidates for a Trade Operations Analyst with a top-tier Investment Management firm located in Boston, MA. This position will be responsible for ensuring transactions not executed by a portfolio trader are accurately reflected in the company’s internal accounting system and facilitate timely and accurate communication/notification of trades to the relevant parties. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of fund accounting experience.
This is a 6-12+ month contract that will pay $32-42/hr (depending on experience) within a 40-hour work week. This position will work the hours of 10:00am – 7:00pm EST.
- Assists the Trade Processing team with the integration of processing between our legacy trading system and a new trading platform, Charles River IMS
- Ensure all trades executed in a trading system are processed in the company’s internal accounting system to prevent incorrect transaction or position data from being sent to various internal systems or reflected on reports which use data from the accounting system
- Ensure all trades not executed in a trading system (primarily derivative transactions) are manually updated in the company’s accounting system
- Use judgment and established procedures, aims to reduce manual input errors.
- Allocate mortgage-backed TBA trades and handle all associated processes pertaining to MBS securities
- Update the accounting system and trading system with factor updates as needed on all securities held in the company’s inventory that require a factor
- Monitor a variety of data checks to ensure the accuracy of data within the Trading and accounting systems to minimize the risk of using erroneous information during any step of the investment process
- Research and resolve open factor or trade issues
- Escalate issues to Trade Processing Team Leader/IO Manager where necessary
- Update accounting system with transactions pertaining to transfer-in-kind or paydown transactions and ensure corresponding portfolio positions were updated properly
- Handle special projects and performs additional responsibilities as requested
- BS in Accounting or related field
- 3-5 years of fund accounting or related mutual fund industry experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong knowledge of all security types including equities, bonds, interest rate swaps, credit default swaps, total return swaps, futures, options, MBS pools, asset-backed securities, bank loans, short-term securities, foreign exchange, and TIP securities
- Ability to learn and master all inventory, accounting, and trading systems
- Ability to consistently, perform in a time sensitive environment with multiple daily deadlines
- Excellent communication, organization, and prioritization skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as within a team environment
- Strong attention to detail, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills are essential
- Desire to provide exceptional client service to internal and external contacts
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email your resume to Olivia at email@example.com.