Tax Senior/Manager State & Local Tax
Looking to get out of Public Accounting before extension busy season working too many hours kicks in, this job is for you!
Our client, a Prestigious Financial Services Company located in Boston, seeks a Tax Senior/Manager-State and Local Income Tax to join their team.
Responsible primarily for supporting the state and local income tax team, this position is a key contributor to the tax compliance group with significant growth opportunities. If you are a highly motivated and experienced tax professional looking to be part of a growing, high caliber team environment then this is an opportunity you should consider.
The Company tax department is a fast-paced, team-focused, and dynamic environment. We strive to provide the best tax services to Company and affiliates. When you join the tax group, you will be joining a group of professionals who always look for ways to provide high quality tax services and continuously develop efficient processes.
The Expertise You Have:
- 2-6 years of corporate tax experience in a Large public accounting firm or combination of public accounting and in-house corporate tax
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business; Master’s in taxation and/or CPA preferred
- Solid understanding in multi-state taxation of corporation and federal corporate consolidated group taxation
- Confirmed understanding of tax systems (Corptax preferred)
- Experience working in the financial services industry is a plus
- Familiarity with data analytic tools (i.e. Alteryx, Power BI, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools (i.e. Excel, Words, PowerPoint, etc.)
The Purpose of Your Role:
The ideal candidate will be detail driven and have experience in large multi-state corporate income tax compliance environment. This is a hands-on position responsible for supporting the state and local income tax services including compliance, controversies, tax planning and system integration related services and requires the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Communicating effectively and working well with others is just as important as the tax work you’ll do. This person will also work across Corporate Tax teams and with other professionals throughout the organization.
The Skills You Bring:
- You are able to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- You produce high quality work and can prioritize multiple projects
- You have strong accounting, analytical, written and oral skills;
- You are able to take initiative while seeking appropriate guidance
- You are detail and process oriented with strong ability to organize and analyze data
- You’re a great collaborator
- You are committed to self-development, continuous learning and career advancement
The Value You Deliver:
- Prepare/review quarterly and year-end effective state tax rates for tax accounting
- Perform/review research and other special projects as necessary to develop knowledge, understanding, and compliance with all applicable tax laws and regulations relating to job duties
- Provide support on domestic income tax controversy work
- Assist in analyzing relevant legislative changes and effectively communicate implications to management
- Respond to inquiries on state notices
- Prepare/review multi-states and local income tax returns
- Prepare/review quarterly estimated tax computations, estimated tax payments, and tax return extension requests
- Prepare/review and analyze book/tax differences for tax filings
- Assist in state tax compliance and the preparation of state apportionment schedules
Hybrid work schedule, looking to pay $100-150K + Bonus. If interested, please email Wes Tyrrell at email@example.com.