We are currently seeking candidates for a Tax Analyst opportunity with a successful investment management firm located in Boston. The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of Tax experience within Big4, specifically within partnership tax and hold a CPA license. If you are seeking opportunities outside of Big4 – now is your chance to join a growing firm before busy season!
- Support the Tax function for the firms hedge fund complex and venture based funds
- Prepare federal, state, and local tax return work papers, partner tax allocations, estimates, and projections etc.
- Review tax adjustments
- Assist the firm’s third-party tax preparer and the fund’s administrator with the K-1 preparation and distribution process
- Prepare/review tax compliance obligations, tax compliance filings, reviewing 1099 reporting, PTE elections and payments and related withholding tax filings and payments
- Prepare/review the firms entities projections, estimates and year end tax returns, leverage and collaborate with external tax advisors
- Research complex technical tax topics, prepare memorandums, and communicate research findings effectively to senior management
- Assist with investor requests related to taxes
- Bachelors’ degree in accounting, advanced degree in taxation is a plus
- CPA required
- Minimum of 2 busy seasons and 2-4 years of experience with partnership tax issues and other relevant areas of federal, state, and international taxation for investment managers, hedge funds and closed-end funds
- Knowledge of ASC740
- Understanding of trader vs. investor rules, incentive allocations and common hedge fund structures
- Knowledge of required book to tax adjustments, PFIC’s and experience with managing data and critical inputs from administrators and other service providers
- Must be detail oriented, have a strong work ethic, and excellent organizational skills
This is a tremendous opportunity to gain experience within a highly successful investment management firm and grow your career! This opportunity will offer competitive pay, a strong bonus, and excellent benefits, has a hybrid work schedule. If you are interested, please reach out to Kelly Hanlon directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.