Sr. Staff Accountant- Private Equity- New York, NY
We are seeking candidates for Senior Staff Accountant position with an industry-leading private equity firm located in New York, NY 10001. This position will be responsible for a managing the accounts payable, payroll, and employee reimbursement systems and to support the Management Company in the areas of general ledger, cash reconciliations, and other special projects.
This is a 6-month contract that will pay $40-50/hr within a 40+hour workweek.
- Post daily cash activity
- Handle monthly bank reconciliations
- Manage accounts payable and vendor relations
- Assist with vendor audits and maintenance
- Print, review, edit, and sign off on all expense reports on weekly basis
- Initiate and rectify weekly sync of expense data
- Split allocation of travel and related expenses between Management Company & Funds
- Maintain general ledgers
- Prepare all entries for following: revenue recognition, accruals prepaid amortization, capital account transactions, fixed assets & depreciation, wire payment transactions, and related party payables & receivables
- BS in Accounting
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- CPA license required
- Willing to work 45-50 hrs/wk
- Strong GAAP knowledge
- Experience with NetSuite and MS Excel
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email your resume to Olivia at email@example.com.