Sr. Scientist/ Principal Scientist
Our San Francisco based client is an emerging neuroscience company building out an RNA platform is looking to add a Sr./Principal Scientist to join their Chemistry team who has strategic scientific expertise in oligonucleotide and bioconjugation chemistry. Position requires candidate to be onsite 5 days a week.
- Candidate will lead and drive the conditionally activated siRNA technology and platform to support RNA-based therapeutics, working in concert with partners in Neuroscience, Biology, Foundation Research and Bioinformatics.
- Provide scientific strategy, and leadership for novel T2 manufacture and process development with the formulation, for in vivo delivery of siRNA, and other therapeutic modalities.
- Guide junior scientists with the implementation of decisive experiments to identify best-in-class designs, ligands, and formulations to drive rapid advancement of company candidate selection.
- Participate in portfolio and stage-gate reviews, lead the preparation and presentation of dossiers for clinical candidate nomination and compound advancement.
- Manage third-party CRO and CMOs for collaboration and outsourced work as needed.
- Critically evaluate experiment data and communicate scientific findings as verbal presentations and written reports; and provide updates on project status to Discovery leadership Teams.
- PhD degree in a synthetic organic, medicinal chemistry, analytical chemistry, or related scientific discipline, preferably related to oligonucleotides is required.
- Postdoctoral experience with an emphasis on nucleic acid chemistry, purification and annealing strategies of siRNA is preferred.
- Multiple years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry with proven track record of leading innovative oligonucleotide discovery projects is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience as a project leader and managing teams in a biopharmaceutical or biotech industry is preferred.
- Strong track record of scientific contributions including peer reviewed publications, patent applications, and/or presentations at major national meetings is preferred.
- Ability to collaborate across teams in a matrix environment is required.
- A deep commitment to working as part of teams to deliver breakthrough medicines.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills and ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
If interested, please email Earl Callender at firstname.lastname@example.org.