Senior Network Engineer – Hybrid/NYC $150-200K base salary + Bonus
Our client, a privately owned investment management firm based in New York City, is actively seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join them in a full time role in their NYC headquarters. This is a hybrid work environment where you will be in the office 2 days a week and working from home 3 days a week. They would particularly be interested in a candidate who has been through an AWS transformation as this is a key part of the companies initiatives at this time.
Strategy & Planning
- Develop and execute short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure the adequacy of local and wide area network capacity, encompassing both physical and cloud (Infrastructure as a Service) technologies.
- Create, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and training programs for network resource management and appropriate network usage.
- Establish robust methodologies for testing network performance, and provide performance statistics and reports.
- Manage network asset inventory and associated documentation.
- Maintain vendor contracts, negotiate when necessary, to ensure optimal service at competitive rates.
- Oversee and ensure the optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, wireless infrastructure, in a hybrid networking environment (physical and cloud).
- Collaborate on managing the effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Produce regular written and in-person communications regarding network activities.
- Work closely with technical and business colleagues to deliver effective technology solutions aligned with business needs.
- Lead and provide technical guidance and project planning for team members.
- Participate in an on-call rotation schedule.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, with a minimum of 10+ years' experience in administering and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, particularly in a Cisco-focused environment.
- Cisco Certification such as CCIE or CCNP, or equivalent experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of designing and supporting cloud networking environments (AWS, Direct Connect, VPC, Transit gateways, NAT gateways, Network Load Balancers).
- Proficiency in writing and maintaining Infrastructure as Code within an AWS environment.
- Experience supporting and managing Palo Alto and/or Fortinet Firewalls.
- Excellent knowledge of current networking protocols and standards, including EIGRP, BGP, OSPF.
- In-depth technical knowledge of network concepts and operating systems.
- Hands-on senior engineering experience in troubleshooting hardware such as routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless networks.
- Senior engineering level experience with Cisco High-Speed switches like Nexus 9000, 5000, and 2000 Switches.
- Design and engineering experience with Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and Identity Service Engine (ISE).
- Knowledge and experience in implementing Quality of Service (QoS).
- Extensive experience in designing and supporting network monitoring applications.
- Telecom experience, specifically Cisco VOIP, is a plus.
- Ability to research networking issues and products as needed.
- Ability to communicate technically advanced ideas in non-technical language.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks effectively in high-pressure situations and make informed decisions during emergencies.
- Previous experience in the financial services industry is advantageous but not required.
If you are currently local to the NYC metropolitan area and are able to be on-site 2 days a week please send your resume to Angela Fagin for consideration at email@example.com