Senior Network Engineer – Financial Services – New York City
Daley and Associates is currently seeking a Sr. Network Engineer with a growing investment management firm based in New York City. The Sr. Network Engineer will primarily be responsible for creating, implementing, and maintaining policies, procedures, and training programs for network resource management and appropriate network usage. The ideal candidate also must have experience of working through an AWS transformation as this is a key part of the company’s initiatives currently.
This role is a hybrid role in the NYC office (twice per week) and is paying $150-200K base salary range.
- Develop and execute short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure the adequacy of local and wide area network capacity, encompassing both physical and cloud (Infrastructure as a Service) technologies.
- Establish robust methodologies for testing network performance, and provide performance statistics and reports.
- Manage network asset inventory and associated documentation.
- Maintain vendor contracts, negotiate when necessary, to ensure optimal service at competitive rates.
- Oversee and ensure the optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, wireless infrastructure, in a hybrid networking environment (physical and cloud).
- Collaborate on managing the effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Produce regular written and in-person communications regarding network activities.
- Work closely with technical and business colleagues to deliver effective technology solutions aligned with business needs.
- Lead and provide technical guidance and project planning for team members.
- Participate in an on-call rotation schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, with a minimum of 10+ years’ experience in administering and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, particularly in a Cisco-focused environment.
- Cisco Certification such as CCIE or CCNP, or equivalent experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of designing and supporting cloud networking environments (AWS, Direct Connect, VPC, Transit gateways, NAT gateways, Network Load Balancers).
- Proficiency in writing and maintaining Infrastructure as Code within an AWS environment.
- Experience supporting and managing Palo Alto and/or Fortinet Firewalls.
- Excellent knowledge of current networking protocols and standards, including EIGRP, BGP, OSPF.
- In-depth technical knowledge of network concepts and operating systems.
- Hands-on senior engineering experience in troubleshooting hardware such as routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless networks.
- Senior engineering level experience with Cisco High-Speed switches like Nexus 9000, 5000, and 2000 Switches.
- Design and engineering experience with Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and Identity Service Engine (ISE).
- Knowledge and experience in implementing Quality of Service (QoS).
- Extensive experience in designing and supporting network monitoring applications.
- Telecom experience, specifically Cisco VOIP, is a plus.
- Ability to research networking issues and products as needed.
- Ability to communicate technically advanced ideas in non-technical language.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks effectively in high-pressure situations and make informed decisions during emergencies.
- Previous experience in the financial services industry is advantageous but not required.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to Ryan at email@example.com.