Senior Fund Accountant- Investment Management- Boston, MA
We are seeking candidates for a Senior Fund Accountant position with a top tier Investment Management firm located Boston, MA. This position will be responsible for the firm’s record, including reconciliation with their client’s custodians, to ensure comprehensive, accurate and transparent information to the firm. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of fund accounting experience within financial services.
This is a 12+ month contract that will $45-50/hr (depending on experience) within a 40-hour workweek. This position will be required to be onsite in the Boston office 3 days/wk.
- Work closely with internal groups to identify and resolve open reconciliation items
- Identify break patterns and opportunities for process and control improvements
- Use of bank portals in the research of position, cash, and market value differences
- Maintaining concise documentation and proper audit trail for in flight items
- Analyze bank data to improve the quality of the reconciliation results
- Design and implement a framework for feedback to the banks
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required
- 3 – 5 years of experience in the Financial Services industry
- 3+ years of accounting, custody, and/or reconciliation experience
- Experience working with data in Excel, SQL or Python knowledge is a plus
- Baseline understanding of accounting for, derivatives and synthetic exposures, fixed income, and equity
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, and a high level of attention to detail
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email your resume to Olivia at firstname.lastname@example.org.