We are seeking candidates for a Senior Corporate Staff Accountant position with a leading software company located in Waltham, MA. This position will support the Assistant Corporate Controller in all aspects of the finance/accounting department. To be successful in this role the candidate must have a strong knowledge of GAAP accounting, be highly analytical, detailed oriented, hands on and skilled at financial reporting, developing internal controls and policies and procedures. The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of accounting experience preferably within software/technology industry.
This is a 3+ month contract position that will pay $55-60/hr within a 40-hour workweek.
- Prepare and book journal entries including standard monthly accounting entries and statistical metrics
- Handle month end closings
- Prepare draft financial statements. analyze financial statement balances, trial balances, subsidiary ledgers, and identify variances
- Research and resolve discrepancies
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts thoroughly
- Assist with developing consistent policies and procedures
- Assist with documenting and implementing internal controls
- Assist with integrating new acquisitions
- Prepare Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Prepare for Audits (financial, bank and sales tax)
- Special Projects as needed
- Ad Hoc financial analysis and reporting using QuickBooks, NetSuite, Excel etc.
- Regular interaction with accounting team, management, auditors, support staff and outside
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, MBA/CPA preferred
- 8 – 15 years of accounting experience preferably within software/tech industry
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of GAAP
- Prior experience working with multiple entities within a tech company is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to multi-task and think effectively in a fast-paced environment
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email your resume to Olivia at firstname.lastname@example.org.