Senior AV Collaboration Engineer- Hybrid/Boston
Our client, a leading global investment management firm based in Boston, MA, is seeking an experienced Senior AV Collaboration Engineer to join them in a fulltime hybrid (3 days in office) role. In this role you will be responsible for helping to support the overall collaboration technology program globally. This includes the clients Zoom platform, conference rooms, and offsite events management. Offsite events management will be a key part of this role as we support our businesses in a variety of events and meetings in global locations. This role requires a very cultivated professional work ethic and high-end customer service skills to be effective. This position has a set work schedule with additional hours required based on operational business needs. Occasional travel (including international) also required.
- Facilitate all AV meeting support by keeping detailed records of meeting requests and maintaining records related to service calls, inventory, repairs, system performance, trouble ticket processing, and procedures for communications support team
- Assist in the coordination and execution of executive off-sites regarding AV/IT technology
- On-site and remote management of live meetings in progress
- Assist users with the set-up and coordination of meetings, special events and training sessions
- Provide remote and on-site technical customer service support for audio, video, and presentation systems
- Actively monitor the health and performance of our conference rooms
- Serve as a point of contact for AV related break-fix equipment issues and coordinate with service providers, 3rd party vendors and contractors as required for the maintenance and ongoing operation of systems to ensure excellent service delivery
- Create and maintain AV Services technical documentation
- Must be familiar with meeting room facility design including an understanding of general AV signal flow and the ability to read as-built drawings and CAD files.
- Must have strong knowledge of the Zoom platform at an administrative level.
- Knowledge of audio processing – general understanding of echo cancellation and AGC in integrated AV systems. Biamp experience preferred.
SOFT SKILL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Candidates must have a professional appearance and demeanor. The position is highly visible with senior executive staff
- Self-starter that takes a proactive approach to their daily tasks and responsibilities. Assumes ownership.
- Must have superior listening, comprehensive and troubleshooting skills as well as great communication and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service skills are essential. The culture is high demand with high expectations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, peers, and management through written and verbal communication
- Ability to communicate with customers, inter-department and other third parties in a professional manner
- Manages time effectively. Uses work plans to prioritize completing and interdependent tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to identify, trouble shoot, and resolve problems without direct supervision
- Must possess the ability to work in a high-volume, fast paced, dynamic environment with a positive attitude
- Willingness to learn new products, services, and interfaces relative to the position
- Must be available for on call duties and scheduled duties outside of normal working hours (Nights, Weekends, and Holidays)
- Must be willing to travel occasionally internationally
OTHER TECHNICAL CONSIDERATIONS:
- Candidate should have solid desktop knowledge. Familiarity with Windows environment.
- General understanding of networking protocols
- Working knowledge of Crestron DM products preferred
- Solid understanding of video compression and web-based video platforms
- Experience with Zoom
If you are currently in the Greater Boston area and able to travel at times internationally please send your resume to Angela Fagin at email@example.com