Senior Accountant- Retail- Concord, NH
We are seeking candidates for a Senior Accountant to join a nationally recognized retail company located in Concord, NH. This position will be a key member of the Finance team focusing on monthly closing and reporting responsibilities which will include but are not limited to working directly with General Accounting, FP&A, and various cost centers, preparing management reporting, performing general ledger reconciliations. The Senior Accountant will report to the Senior Accounting Manager and work closely with others in the organization in analysis and reconciliation of accounts. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of hands-on corporate accounting experience.
This is a 4+ month contract position that will pay $80/hr within a 40-hour workweek. This position is required to be onsite 3 days/wk.
- Play significant role in the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close processes, including financial statement preparation, account balance reconciliations, and report preparation
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are documented, in place, and working as defined; identifies potential areas of improvement
- Review and reconcile P&L and Balance Sheet accounts, including cost center analyses and reporting on variances
- Assist with presentation of monthly financial results to Corporate Office and FP&A groups
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures
- Work directly with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Mange hierarchy and scalability in chart of accounts and accuracy in the general ledger and financial statements
- Prepare detailed journal entries; ensures appropriate documentation for controls purposes
- Compile information for preparation of tax provision and returns, as well as bank reporting requirements
- Assist with general ledger and other special projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5-10+ years of corporate accounting experience
- CPA or MBA is a plus
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical skills (MS Excel including V-lookups, filtering, and pivot tables)
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and general ledger functionality
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a multi-tasking environment
- Ability to maintain flexibility in a fast-paced environment, and continuously evolve to meet changing business needs
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email your resume to Olivia at email@example.com.