Patient Services – Radiology Authorization Specialist – Boston, MA
We are seeking candidates for a Radiology Authorization Specialist position with a highly successful and widely-respected Boston hospital. This organization is well known for providing exceptional care and performing groundbreaking research.
This role is an ENTRY-LEVEL opportunity that is great for recent grads interested in entering the world of healthcare. This is a fantastic way to get your foot in the door with one of the most reputable Boston hospitals.
- Review and monitor all radiology authorization imaging exams
- Identify all patient access issues creating barriers to prior authorization
- Prepare and complete prior authorization request
- Review and comprehend patient progress notes, lab reports, summaries and imaging reports
- Manage prior authorization process from initial submission to authorization
- Complete denial follow-up
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; preferably in healthcare/business administration or health science related field
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience, including healthcare/business administration, health insurance, medical policy/chart review, nursing, and/or other allied health fields
- Strong communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office suite experience
- Project Management experience (preferred)
This is a 3-6 month contract-to-hire opportunity, paying $20/hour. Interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes to email@example.com