A real estate investment management firm located north of Boston is looking to bring on a Property Accountant to their growing team! The property Accountant will report into the Accounting Manager and lead property level reporting for individual assets within a larger industrial fund or portfolio. This is a great opportunity to join a growing firm and gain experience within the real estate industry!
- Maintain general ledgers, supporting reconciliations & supporting documents
- Prepare month-end close process for a portfolio of properties
- Prepare monthly financial packages for distribution to property managers and asset managers
- Monitor accounts receivables and cash receipts
- Budget Preparations
- Financial/Budget analysis
- Tenant/unit owner account reconciliation and inquiries
- Ensuring bank reconciliations are prepared and reviewed on a monthly basis
- General Ledger reconciliation
- Identify and solve errors in account balances and make appropriate adjustments
- Providing assistance to Property Managers
Are you the right person for the job?
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-2 years of accounting experience within the real estate industry
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and an aptitude to learn new technology
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills preferred
- Experience with accounting software, Yardi preferred but not required
- Excellent communication, administrative and customer services skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast paced and environment, with adherence to deadlines
This is a full-time opportunity that will offer a competitive base salary, bonus, and excellent benefits. For immediate consideration, interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to Kelly Hanlon directly at email@example.com.