Project Manager- Engineer
Our Pittsburgh, PA based manufacturing client is expanding and looking to add a project manager to their team. The candidate will be responsible for Planning, organizing, and managing projects related to capital equipment / tooling manufacture, from the point of inquiry to completion by offering project management engineering, and cost estimation knowledge so that assigned projects are completed on target, on time, and within budget. This position is responsible for working with various stake holders to identify risks and incorporate risk avoidance / mitigation plans. Perform any additional assignments, duties, and responsibilities as may be requested.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Track Cost, Quality, & Timing for all Irwin built machines from inception to customer launch. Provide updates on a regular basis to General Manager – Operations Americas, Manufacturing Manager, and all affected departments. Act as the leader for all project update & review meetings.
- Work with Sales, Engineering and Build members to outline scope of projects prior to quotation. Verify machine capabilities and capacity of Irwin plant prior to acceptance of orders.
- Conduct project opening and closing meetings reviewing all measurables and tracking lessons learned and improvement actions for future projects.
- Work closely with the customers as the Point of Contact on engineering change orders, costs, and timing. Act as the conduit between the customers and Engineering and Build departments. Travel to customers, as required, to fulfill requirements and make presentations.
- Work with counterpart Project Managers to exchange information in support of mutual customers and projects as well as to improve overall project management function.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 3 years’ experience in project management and/or design and build of capital equipment or other related products in a manufacturing environment
- Proven success leading projects that require the interaction and coordination of diverse groups (e.g. design, manufacturing), to achieve a successful result
- Knowledge of SAP: Project Management Module is a plus
- Proficient Microsoft Project user
- Experience with Pro Engineer, SolidWorks, and or AutoCAD design software
- Experience with sales and engineering design, as well as experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- Proficient Microsoft Office Applications, including Word and Excel
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings (detail & assembly) & specifications
- An understanding of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
- Knowledge of various fabrication processes such as machining, sheet metal, welding, etc.
If interested, please email Earl Callender at firstname.lastname@example.org.