Our client, a global hematology device company is currently seeking a Production Supervisor to join their state-of-the-art facility on 2nd shift (2pm -10:30pm). This person will be responsible for managing manufacturing operations to assure department’s ability to perform to standards and meet or exceed its production, safety, and quality standards.
- Monitor 2nd shift operations to assure department’s ability to perform to standards and meet or exceed its production schedule with minimal amount of downtime and waste, as well as full utilization of machine, materials and equipment.
- Publish status reports regarding the department’s quality and productivity performance and further utilization of that data for continuous improvement.
- Increase departmental labor efficiency and machine utilization by managing the labor force.
- Manage the staffing of temporary employees in conjunction with an outside staffing agency.
- Ensure the subordinate’s performance is at or above established quality and productivity standards and associated disciplinary actions as required.
- Responsible for subordinate performance reviews of direct reports.
- Investigate and troubleshoot employee conflict resolution incidents in partnership with Production Supervisor and Human Resources.
- Recommend hiring selection, disciplinary actions, terminations, demotions and promotions.
- Hold regular scheduled meetings with direct reports.
- Training and development of direct reports in the areas of problem solving methods, print reading, basic math skills, SPC, computer skills, GMP’s etc.
- Lead and implement activities of continuous improvement in the manufacturing areas.
- Assist with engineering tests and protocols for quality improvement projects as needed.
- Assist with the completion of department PIR’s (Product Investigation Reports)/ CAPA’s (corrective action preventive action)/ NCE (non conforming events) in a timely manner, and data entry of such.
- Reduce the work of in-process inventory and improvement systematic solutions to batching of parts.
- Provide skills training to the floor and promote teamwork and involvement from all employees.
- Ensure all departmental documentation reflects current assembly practices. Submit changes as needed.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring, training and developing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Sciences or Engineering preferred. Associate’s degree required.
- 2 years of working experience with supervisory responsibilities required. Manufacturing industry preferred.
- 1 year of working experience within a wet chemistry laboratory desirable.
- Lean Manufacturing experience required. Six Sigma experience preferred. Green belt Lean/Six Sigma certification desirable.
- Prior experience collaborating with other functional departments, such as quality, safety, engineering, and materials, required.
- Root cause analysis or similar experience preferred.