Payroll Specialist- Business Consulting- Foxboro, MA
We are seeking candidates for a Payroll Specialist position with an industry-leading CPA firm located in Foxboro, MA 02035. This position will be responsible for processing payroll and preparation of payroll tax deposits, as well as quarterly and annual payroll filling for a variety of clients The ideal candidate will have prior payroll processing and tax preparation experience and a human resource administration background.
This is a 6–9-month contract that will pay $30-35/hr (depending on experience) within a 40-hour workweek.
- Understand accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- Process payroll on a variety of schedules and payment methods
- Timely payment of local, state, and federal taxes on behalf of clients, as well as PFML, Unemployment, retirement funding, health care enrollment and administration
- Handle federal, state, and local payroll tax laws, regulations, and reporting requirements
- Assist clients in resolving payroll tax-related inquiries, issues, and discrepancies
- Maintain accurate payroll records such as tax filings and payment documentation
- Reconcile and submit quarterly filings
- Contribute to process improvements by applying your expertise to streamline procedures
- Assist with problem solving software and technology issues
- Proactively seek opportunities to enhance knowledge and skills
- 3+ years of payroll processing experience
- Relevant experience with preparation of payroll tax filings
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Windows 10 and Office Suite
- Experience in the following a plus: Adobe Acrobat Pro, Citrix Workspace, ShareFile, Modern Web Browsers (Chrome/Edge), Thomson & Reuters CS
- Strong verbal and written skills
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email your resume to Olivia at email@example.com.