Part-Time Bookkeeper- Non-Profit- Boston, MA
We are seeking candidates for a Part-Time Bookkeeper position with a fast-growing non-profit company located in Boston, MA. The Part-Time Bookkeeper will be responsible for the day-to-day financial operations of the organization, including accounts payable, payroll, benefits administration, bank reconciliation, and board reports. This position will report into the Founder and CEO. The ideal candidate will have experience with QuickBooks and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
This is a 2+ year contract position that will pay $45-50/hr within a 15–20-hour workweek.
- Manage the full cycle accounts payable process, including entering invoices, processing payments, and maintaining vendor records
- Prepare payroll and benefits administration, including tracking timesheets, issuing paychecks, and managing deductions
- Payroll is outsourced to 3rd party
- Reconcile bank statements and prepare monthly financial reports
- Generate board reports and other ad hoc financial reports as needed
- Enter journal entries and maintain general ledger accounts
- Maintain accounting and financial regulations
- Ability to read an allocations schedule
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field is required
- 10+ years of accounting experience
- 3+ years of non-profit bookkeeping experience
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email your resume to Olivia at firstname.lastname@example.org.