Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client is a world leader in precision floor vibration isolation technology that works with research centers, OEM and end-user semiconductor manufacturers is seeking to add a Design Engineer to their Boston team. The successful candidate will develop product designs that meet customer requirements while minimizing production cost through effective utilization of our manufacturing capabilities and supplier base. You will produce clear, concise manufacturing drawings and material documentation and provide support to Operations personnel in the interpretation and implementation of design information. It requires teh candidate to maintain a high level of product and process awareness, and take the initiative to implement design improvements that take advantage of lessons learned, manufacturing advancements, and creative new ideas to reduce cost. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced production environment with a strong sensitivity to schedule is also essential.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assume design responsibility for existing products and support the design and development of new OEM applications
- Provide technical support to Operations, Sales, Service, and Quality
- Maintain design documentation in accordance with internal ISO 9001 procedures and external requirements.
- Review and implement Engineering Change requests
- Provide design support to Sales/Marketing in pursuing new customer opportunities
- Provide design support to R&D in the development of a variety of new products
- Provide sustaining engineering support for existing products, including addressing issues of component obsolescence/revisions
- BS in an Engineering discipline, Mechanical strongly preferred
- 5+ years of Engineering work experience in an ISO 9000 manufacturing business, specific experience in metal fabrication and electro-mechanical assembly preferred.
- Proficient in CAD systems, particularly SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with electromechanical assembly
- Able to demonstrate proficiency understanding the interaction of systems with mechanical, electrical, and electronic content
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and documentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative, resourceful self-starter who seizes opportunities to take ownership of projects and product/process improvements with minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to multitask and display consistent follow-through on tasks, assignments, projects, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
If interested, please email Earl Callender at firstname.lastname@example.org.