Our client who is a leader in vibration cancellation technology is looking to add a Manufacturing Engineer to for their Boston, MA team who to develop and evaluate new processes and improve current process capability, efficiency, and overall productivity in all areas of our manufacturing facility on new and existing products.
- Refine and enhance processes by applying Continuous Improvement and Lean manufacturing techniques to areas of production. Recommend product design changes to improve manufacturability.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements and equipment layout, often working in concert with other professionals to achieve overall process improvement.
- Assure product and process quality by developing manufacturing and testing standards and establishing procedures that confirm and validate manufacturing process requirements, and allow for analysis to determine root causes to enable process improvement.
- Specify equipment upgrades and prepare cost estimates and justifications for new or modified equipment to allow for process improvement. Provide project oversight and associated training.
- Identify and implement solutions for issues relating to safety and quality as they relate to the manufacturing process.
- BS in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- 5-7 years of manufacturing engineering work, specific experience in metal fabrication and electro-mechanical assembly and test preferred
- A working knowledge of metal forming and metal cutting machines such as laser-punches, water jets, hydraulic brakes, CNC machining centers, and welding technology
- Proven record of process improvement, lean manufacturing, plant and equipment layout, work simplification and methods improvement (Six-Sigma experience a plus)
- Understanding of electro-mechanical assembly
- Working knowledge of computer-based manufacturing systems and material handling; i.e. ERP systems such as Dynamics AX
- Proficient in SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 facility
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com