Maintenance Mech I – Med Device
An opportunity to join a premier medical device manufacturer and support operations in their new state of the art Pittsburgh, PA manufacturing site. Our client is expanding their team looking to hire a full-time mechanical maintenance tech on their day light shift. Excellent benefits including 401k.
Enter Responsibilities/Essential Duties:
- Minimizes equipment downtime and ensures achievement of daily and weekly production goals by diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing production equipment, including molding machines, high volume, high speed automated assembly equipment, welder, conveyor systems, and other auxiliary equipment such as case sealer, printers, labelers, flow wrappers, etc. Utilizes diagrams, schematics, manuals, instructions, and engineering specifications in the completion of these job functions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; soliciting information from line operators and other production associates, and listening for problems. Uses precision measuring and testing instruments, gauges, and other hand tools to complete essential functions.
- Verifies effectiveness of repairs, improvements and ensures product produced meets specification.
- Performs and documents all preventive maintenance in accordance with manufacturer’s operation and maintenance schedule, policy and procedure and facility guidelines.
- Provides mechanical maintenance support to production associates by answering questions and requests; communicating with operators, engineering, management, outside contractors and others as necessary.
- Fabricates any new fixturing required for the department to which assigned, as well as modifications to existing equipment.
- Assists with investigating potential areas for quality and efficiency improvements.
- Recommends process adjustments to aid production. Implements changes as directed.
- Recommends and implement improvements to ensure a safe workplace. Identifies and reports potential safety hazards.
- Orders spare parts inventory for machines and equipment.
- Complies with facility escalation procedures.
- Maintains all required documentation, including production and maintenance logs.
- Education Level: H.S. Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s Degree; Technical Degree, Certification, or Apprenticeship in related field preferred.
- 1 year experience as a maintenance mechanic (or similar role) in a production environment required.
- Other Maintenance experience in a medical device manufacturing environment preferred
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Strong mechanical skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Experience in a regulated environment
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Knowledge of machine tools and their use, mechanical aptitude, and program logic controls. Knowledge of basic electrical and electronic repairs; ability to read and understand manuals and schematics.
- Knowledge of machine tools and their use, mechanical aptitude, and program logic controls. Knowledge of basic electrical and electronic repairs; ability to read and understand manuals and schematics
- Basic to intermediate computer skills required (i.e. ability use email, word processing programs, spreadsheet programs, enter information into databases, etc).
- Mechanical, Electrical, and Computer certifications preferred