Lean Production Manager, Medical Device
Our medical device client who is expanding is looking to add a Lean Production Manager to their 2nd shift team in Pittsburgh, PA manufacturing operations to assure department’s ability to perform to standards and meet or exceed its production, safety, and quality standards. This is a full-time position with excellent benefits that include medical, dental vision, life/disability insurance, HSA, wellness plan and retirement plan.
- Lead and implement activities of continuous improvement in the manufacturing areas.
- Provide leadership of and direction to production team on 2nd shift and collaboration with 1st shift supervisor (3rd shift shared responsibility).
- Assist with engineering tests and protocols for quality improvement projects as needed.
- Assist with the completion of department PIR’s (Product Investigation Reports)/ CAPA’s (corrective action preventive action)/ NCE (non conforming events) in a timely manner, and data entry of such.
- Reduce the work of in-process inventory and improvement systematic solutions to batching of parts.
- Provide skills training to the floor and promote teamwork and involvement from all employees.
- Ensure all departmental documentation reflects current assembly practices. Submit changes as needed.
- Monitor shift operations to assure department’s ability to perform to standards and meet or exceed its production schedule with minimal amount of downtime and waste, as well as full utilization of machine, materials and equipment.
- Publish status reports regarding the department’s quality and productivity performance. Further utilization of that data for continuous improvement.
- Increase departmental labor efficiency and machine utilization by managing the labor force.
- Manage the staffing of temporary employees in conjunction with outside temporary staffing agency.
- Ensure the subordinate’s performance is at or above established quality and productivity standards and associated disciplinary actions as required.
- Responsible for subordinate performance reviews of direct reports.
- Investigate and trouble shoot employee conflict resolution incidents in partnership with Production Supervisor and Human Resources.
- Recommend hiring selection, disciplinary actions, terminations, demotions and promotions.
- Hold regular scheduled meetings with direct reports.
- Training and development of direct reports in the areas of problem solving methods, print reading, basic math skills, SPC, computer skills, GMP’s etc.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training and developing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Industrial Engineering or Sciences preferred. Associate’s degree required.
- Manufacturing industry required.
- Lean Manufacturing experience required. Six Sigma experience desirable. Green belt Lean/Six Sigma certification desirable.
- Prior experience collaborating with other functional departments, such as quality, safety, engineering, and materials, required.
- Root cause analysis or similar, preferred.
*2nd shift hours are 2:00pm-10:30pm*
If interested, please email Earl Callender at email@example.com.