Lead Contracts Specialist- Investment Management- Boston, MA
We are seeking candidates for a Lead Contracts Specialist position with a top-tier investment management firm located in Boston, MA. The Lead Contracts Specialist with review, edit, and draft complex third-party paper, but require proper provision to protect the firm’s interest. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience reviewing contracts within financial services.
This is a 3-6+ month contract to hire position that will pay $40-48/hr (depending on experience) within a 40-hour workweek. This position is required to be onsite 3 days/wk.
- Assist in the planning of complex commercial contracts for the firm and its subsidiary companies by reviewing, editing, negotiating, and drafting the contracts
- Communicate with internal stakeholders and negotiates with external parties on contract issues
- Bring agreements to closure in a timely manner while providing valid protection for the firm by working with the internal and external parties
- Provide ways to make improvements in the contract review and negotiation process
- Review and offer suggestions to template language and other process improvements
- Establish guides, procedure, template agreements and other contractual language for the utilization by the firm
- Collaborate with other areas of the firm to create procedure to heighten the quality and flow of work
- Handle special projects that require knowledge and understanding of relevant law and the firm’s business and operations
- Assist with additional ad hoc projects as requested
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of commercial contract and negotiation experience
- Prior financial services experience preferred
- Strong organizational, attention to detail, and communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and team player
- Ability to handle multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Must be able to work overtime as necessary
- Experience with reviewing, editing, and negotiating technology agreements (SaaS and software
- license agreements) and market data agreements
- Experience with current contractual topics such as AI, open source, bots
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email your resume to Olivia at firstname.lastname@example.org.