Investment Operations Specialist- Investment Management – Boston, MA
We are currently seeking candidates for an Investment Operations Specialist opportunity with a highly successful Investment Management firm located in Boston, MA. The Investment Operations Specialist will join the Global Investment and Client Support team, and will be responsible for performing reconciliations, researching and resolving discrepancies, delivering financial reporting, and supporting special projects as needed. The ideal candidate will have 1-3+ years of relevant experience working in the Investment Management industry, preferably with a focus on investment operations, fund accounting, and/or reconciliations.
This is a 6-12+ month contract opportunity, paying between $25-$30/hour (depending on experience). The Investment Operations Specialist will work a hybrid model (3 days/week on-site and 2 days/week remote).
- Performs reconciliations (cash and assets) and researches and resolves discrepancies between Investment Management firm and custodian banks
- Reduces exposure to non-trading currencies by monitoring currency balances and overdrafts, assisting the team to ensure appropriate repatriation and requesting foreign exchange transactions
- Identifies potential risk areas and workflow inefficiencies, and suggests improvements to the management team
- Contributes to satisfying client-specified investment guidelines and/or reporting requirements, including month-end Total Market Value reconciliations and Sarbanes-Oxley certifications
- Reconciles total net assets between Investment Manager and custodian banks and administrators on a monthly basis, researching and resolving any discrepancies identified during the process
- Collaborates with Global Client Administration Team to process adjustments, including cash entries and foreign exchange (FX) transactions, and ensures accuracy of the Investment Management firm’s accounting system
- Assists Team Leaders in reviewing daily and monthly financial reports,
- Conducts testing of new systems, processes, and procedures, provides support to special projects (as needed), and assists with training new employees
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (finance, business, economics, etc.)
- 1-3+ years of experience working in the Investment Management industry (preferably with a focus on investment operations, fund accounting, and/or reconciliations)
- Solid understanding of investment products and investment operations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and intellectually curious
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and time management skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Previous experience using Frontier, CheckFree, SmartStream, or a similar reconciliations or operations system preferred
For immediate consideration, interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to Olivia at firstname.lastname@example.org.