Investment Operations Analyst & Business Applications Developer
Our client a boutique Alternative Investment Manager is looking for a “jack of all trades” to design, develop, and later lead certain Investment Operations capabilities. This person will have a unique and high impact role that’s integral in shaping and scaling the capabilities of the Investment Group. The role comes with high visibility, upward mobility, and exposure to all facets of Asset Management.
The right candidate will appreciate the uniqueness of commanding a role that bridges responsibilities typically in found in different departments into a single position. This aspect should be particularly interesting to candidates looking to transition to an Asset Management career path. No two days are the same. You thrive on building solutions, leading a wide variety of projects and responsibilities, and developing yourself personally by curating a very diverse skillset.
To start this person will be reporting to and working directly with the Head of Piston “doing the work” who has the expectation that you are a “quick study”, responsive, intrinsically motivated, and independent worker with the drive to grow into an elevated role in the organization.
- Independently gather requirements, discuss proposals, and develop/implement the solutions that improve our process and capabilities.
- Become the main contributor to our in-house technology platform that is used to run Investment Operations.
- Improvements to database infrastructure
- 3rd Party Data & API integrations
- Asset Monitoring capabilities
- Enhance Quality Control and Reporting
- Boost technology capabilities providing for more efficient workflows and processes
- Expose Asset Management data and Analytics for use by other areas of the firm
- Obtain “in the weeds” knowledge of Investment Operations to allow for intimate understanding of what works and what needs to be improved on.
- Runs the “day to day” of certain operational functions – typically ones developed by you.
- Trade Ticketing & Settlement
- Collateral Review & Movement
- Treasury / Cash Management
- Investor Reporting
- Asset Monitoring Process
- Coordinate with Investors for any adhoc requests
- 4+ years of experience in C#
- 3+ years of experience in SQL
- Interest in or have experience in Operations
- Exposure to any of Finance/MBS/Real Estate/Lending/Trading
- Strong in Excel
For immediate consideration please send a resume to Kenny at Kwilliams@daleyaa.com