Interim Assistant Controller – Software – Wellesley, MA
We are currently seeking candidates for an Interim Assistant Controller position located in Wellesley, MA. The opportunity is with a publicly traded software company and the Assistant Controller will play a pivotal role in ensuring the accuracy of the company’s financial reporting, including the preparation of SEC filings and compliance with accounting standards. You will be responsible for overseeing critical financial processes, audits, and disclosures, working closely with external auditors, and contributing to the company's accounting policies. The Assistant Controller will be required to be on-site 2-3 days per week.
This is a 3-4+ month contract position that will pay $140 per hour within a 40 hour work week.
- SEC Filings and Financial Disclosures
- Craft and maintain the content of the company's quarterly 10-Q and annual 10-K SEC filings.
- Ensure compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Regulations S-X / S-K.
- Stay updated on regulatory changes and implement newly required disclosures (e.g., climate-change disclosures, cyber security disclosures, significant transactions, etc.).
- Review financial statements and footnotes for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure customer revenue recognition is in compliance with ASC 606 (Revenue from Contracts with Customers).
- Oversee and coordinate annual audits and quarterly reviews with external public accounting firm.
- Collaborate with IT auditors to ensure a comprehensive audit process.
- Review global balance sheet reconciliations for all significant entities on a quarterly basis.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA certification preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant accounting and financial reporting experience, preferably in a publicly traded company.
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of ASC 606 and other relevant accounting standards.
- Experience with external audit coordination and managing relationships with external auditors.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in accounting software and MS Excel.
If you are interested in learning more about the opportunity, please send your resume to Olivia at firstname.lastname@example.org.