Hedge Fund Audit/Financial Reporting Consultant
We are currently seeking candidates for a Hedge Fund Audit/Financial Reporting Consultant. The position is with a global asset management co. located in Downtown Boston, MA, 02111. The Financial Reporting Specialist will be responsible for preparing and reviewing Financial Statements.
This is a 2-month temporary role and pays up to $80.00 per hour (based on relevant work experience) within a 40-hour work week.
The Consultant will report to the manager of the Audit and Financial Reporting team. This will require working closely with external service providers including Fund Administrators and Auditors.
- Perform annual audit and financial reporting activities for a book of hedge funds
- Detail review of balance sheet, income statement, statement of changes, consolidated SOI, financial highlights and review of footnotes:
- Preparation or review of Fair Value disclosures (ASC 820/FAS 157)
- Preparation or review of Derivatives Disclosure (ASC 815/FAS 161)
- Familiarity with different fund structures (Master-Feeder, Fund of Funds, Stand-alone)
- Familiarity with investment accounting and related disclosures (common stock, fixed income, swaps, futures, options, etc.)
- 3+ years’ hedge fund/mutual fund reporting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Advanced degree (MBA, MSF, or MST) or certification (CPA or CFA) helpful, but not necessary
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Access preferred
For immediate consideration, interested and qualified candidates please email an updated resume in a Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hedge fund, financial reporting, ASC 815, ASC 820, FAS 157 FAS 161, mutual fund