General Internal Auditor- Investment Management- Boston, MA
We are seeking candidates for a General Internal Auditor position with a top-tier investment management firm located in Boston, MA. This position will report to the Senior Audit Manager and will work with the Internal Audit management and will use audit knowledge, risk-based assessments and compliance, and regulatory and Sarbanes-Oxley reviews. The ideal candidate must have 5+ years of accounting experience with strong knowledge of finance and internal control areas within financial services.
This is a 6+ month contract that will pay $50-60/hr (depending on experience) within a 40-hour work week. This position is required to be onsite 3 days/wk.
- Perform internal audit assignments, as part of the total internal audit plan
- Responsible for performing internal audit procedures, draft internal audit deliverables, and complete Quality Assurance Reviews of audits
- Perform controls testing in accordance with internal audit standards and assist business management in the identification of key control points surrounding business objectives
- Handle follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues and appraising the adequacy of corrective actions taken to improve deficient conditions
- Assist Internal Audit management with drafting of periodic reports to the Audit Committees, development of the annual internal audit plan, as needed
- Develop and transfer of audit and business knowledge with the internal audit team
- Complete management requests or special reviews, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- 5+ years of public accounting or private industry experience with knowledge of accounting, finance, and internal control areas
- CPA, CIA, or other advanced degree preferred
- Previous industry experience is a plus
- ACL or Data Analytics experience highly desired, but not required
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage, and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions
- Understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO, and risk assessment practices.
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform multiple projects and work with various team members
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email your resume to Olivia at firstname.lastname@example.org.