Finance Manager (Hybrid, 3 days in Office)
A successful Investment Management firm, located in Boston, is actively seeking a Finance Manager to join their team! This person will have primary oversight responsibility over the private equity fund investments, which is one of the largest allocation of assets within the portfolio. This position is also offering great career growth opportunity! If you’re interested in learning more about the Finance Manager role, please keep reading.
- Oversee the valuation, accounting, and reporting of the portfolio’s investments in private equity funds
- Provide direction and guidance to firm’s fund administrator on their execution of transactions and valuations to ensure accounting and performance records are maintained accurately and timely
- Collaborate with team members and other functions across the firm to execute the monthly accounting period closes and analyze investment valuations and portfolio performance
- Work closely with the investment and legal teams during deal closes, with a focus on structural analysis, and support portfolio investments throughout the entire trade lifecycle
- Work closely with the compliance, legal, and tax teams to facilitate regulatory, ESG, and other reporting
- Perform technical analysis and research on ad-hoc portfolio matters, and actively engage across support functions at the firm, as well as with external service providers and 3rd party fund managers
- BS in Accounting or Finance; CPA license preferred; CFA also a plus, but not required
- 5-7 years of relevant experience; a foundation in Big 4 public accounting is critical auditing private equity and venture capital clients and similar investment entities; a mix of public and other relevant (private equity fund of funds) industry experience is preferred
- Strong understanding of the investment industry, and proficiency with private equity structures, valuation issues, and financial reporting matters (US GAAP & IFRS knowledge required)
- Familiarity and comfort in reviewing and interpreting legal documents
This is a full-time opportunity that is offering a competitive compensation package with bonus potential and a hybrid work model. If you’re interested in the Finance Manager role, please submit your resume to Hali Siegel at Hsiegel@daleyaa.com.