Finance Manager (Hybrid, 3 days in Office)
A successful Investment Management Firm, located in Boston, is actively seeking a seasoned Finance Manager to join their team! This person will be part of the Finance team and will be responsible for working closely with the firm’s investment professionals and external fund managers, as well as overseeing all accounting and reporting on all portfolio activity. If you’re interested in learning more about the Finance Manager role, please keep reading.
- Oversee the valuation, accounting, and reporting of the portfolio’s investments in hedge funds, credit, and other equity focused strategies
- Provide direction and guidance to the firm’s fund administrator on their execution of transactions and valuations to ensure accounting and performance records are maintained accurately and timely
- Collaborate with team members and other functions across the firm to execute the monthly accounting period closes, develop liquidity projections, and analyze investment valuations and portfolio performance
- Work closely with the investment team during deal closes, with a keen focus on liquidity terms and other structural analysis, and to support portfolio investments throughout the entire trade lifecycle
- Work closely with the compliance, legal, and tax teams to facilitate regulatory, ESG, and other reporting
- BS in Accounting or Finance; CPA license preferred; CFA also a plus, but not required
- 6+ years of relevant experience; a foundation in Big 4 public accounting is critical auditing hedge fund clients and similar investment entities; a mix of public and other relevant (hedge fund of funds) industry experience is preferred
- Strong understanding of the investment industry, and proficiency with hedge funds structures, valuation issues, and financial reporting matters (US GAAP & IFRS knowledge required)
- Must be willing to work on a hybrid model (3 days in office)
This is a full-time opportunity that is offering a competitive compensation package with bonus potential and a hybrid work environment. If you’re interested in the Finance Manager role, please submit your resume to Hali Siegel at Hsiegel@daleyaa.com.