Facilities Maintenance Mechanic
Our global manufacturing client is looking to add a Facilities Maintenance Mechanic to its Boston team. The position will perform general maintenance, trouble-shooting, and repair of equipment. In addition, this position will coordinate more substantial work with outside contractors and with internal teams as required. The position plans, recommends, and schedules routine and preventative maintenance for the facility. The position will also support internal continuous improvement (kaizen) efforts including moving of equipment / work cells, setting up new manufacturing areas, and optimizing plant floor layouts.
- Keep production equipment maintained and functioning to meet all production and quality requirements, to include reducing downtime, increasing output, and reducing overall energy costs.
- Develop and implement the preventative maintenance and repair plans for all manufacturing equipment and machinery such as Lasers, CNC mills and lathes, hydraulic brakes, saws, etc.
- Plan and coordinate the installation of new equipment and the removal or movement of current equipment.
- Assist with environmental, health and safety compliance, monitoring and reporting. Provide recommendations for improved EH&S stewardship.
- Find third party contractors as needed, review contracts, and monitor/approve contractor work.
- Collaborate with the Operations Team to support our efforts to improve machine and personnel efficiencies.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement (kaizen) events
- Support the daily 5S, cleaning and maintenance of the facility.
- Strong technical skills with experience in the trades to include: electrical, carpentry, plumbing, machining, grounds and general facilities maintenance
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair a variety of electro-mechanical systems utilizing various diagnostic tools such as Oscilloscopes, gauges, and meters
- Skilled at reading and working with prints, schematics, diagrams, work instructions, and agreements
- Journeyman Electrical License or equivalent experience with knowledge of Ladder Logic and system controls
- High school diploma or equivalent. Advance technical training preferred
- General computer skills to include working knowledge of MS Office applications
- One to three years of relevant experience in a similar manufacturing environment
- Ability to cohesively work in a team environment
- Reaching with both hands and arms and standing for extended periods of time
- Frequent sitting, squatting, turning/twisting, reaching and use of hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate tools or controls and computer keyboards
- Frequent lifting, carrying, holding, pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusting focus
- Will be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dust, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperature and work space restrictions
- Noise level in the work environment is frequently loud
If interested, please email Earl at firstname.lastname@example.org.