Electro/mechanical Field Service Technician
Our Pittsburgh based employee centric manufacturing client is growing and looking to add a electro/mecahnical field technician to their team who would be engaged in performing preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of manufactured equipment as well as assisting in assembling machines, performing startup, debugging, and commissioning new equipment. The company provides excellent benefits including medical, vision, dental, wellness & vacation, Life and disability insurance and 401K.Candidate must have the following comprehension and skills. Looking for candidates who will live in the Pittsburgh, PA or Indianapolis, IN area.
- Respond to customer inquiries, complaints, or requests regarding operation of EH Machines in a timely and efficient manner. Schedule and arrange travel to customer locations to install new machines, troubleshoot problems, diagnose, and develop plans for repair or correction of problems. Evaluate resources needed and assess materials and time for completion of projects including ordering components as may be required. Schedule visits for preventive maintenance, upgrades, or improvements with existing machine customers. Coordinate with Customer Service regarding warranties and liabilities per machine.
- Schedule service calls with customers; travel to customer facilities; install, evaluate, repair, or provide preventive maintenance on machines.
- Assist Machine Build Department in assembling machines when help is needed.
- Support Sales, Engineering, Media, or other departments with the following:
- Communicate customer concerns and requests, including complaints, RFQs, orders, etc.
- Update SalesForce.com regarding service calls conducted, repairs made, parts used, etc.
- Follow up with customer re-orders for spare parts, media, or tooling.
- Travel may range from 50% or higher, depending on customer requirements.
- Prepare expense reports and forward to Accounting immediately upon completion of trip; submit receipts, documentation and information pursuant to any service visit.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Technical diploma or degree in the field of Electrical / Mechanical Engineering.
- In absence of an engineering degree, 3-5 years of experience in the field providing technical services to customers is required.
- Able to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical control systems and how they interact together for timely and functional service to machines.
- Able to use mechanical and electrical measuring tools, i.e., micrometers, calipers, DMM’s, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Able to read various mechanical, engineering, or other drawings, prints and schematics
- Able to safely use hand tools.
- PLC knowledge a plus
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Able to lift and carry up to 55 pounds.
- Able to reach above shoulder level and stoop to floor level.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com