Drug Authorization Specialist- Hospital- Boston, MA
We are seeking candidates for a Drug Authorization Specialist position with a highly successful and widely-respected Boston hospital. This organization is well known for providing exceptional care and performing groundbreaking research. This is an entry-level position, providing an exceptional opportunity to kickstart your career in healthcare. The ideal candidate will have relevant work experience as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
This is a 3-month contract to hire opportunity that will pay $20/hr within a 40-hour workweek. Qualified candidates who are 100% remote will be considered.
- Perform pre-registration of new patients by making/receiving patient calls collecting and documenting patient demographics, financial, and other relevant personal information
- Verify patient identification
- Update changes to patient insurance and/or demographic information as needed
- Manage referral and authorizations information as assigned
- Communicate regularly with physicians and other medical providers regarding clinical clarifications
- Document daily activities in a timely, accurate manner in hospital information system
- BS in Health Science / Healthcare related field of study (Preferred)
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience, including healthcare/business administration, health insurance, medical policy/chart review, nursing, and/or other allied health fields
- Strong communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Experience with Epic is a plus