Sr Desktop Support Engineering Manager
Our client a large investment manager is looking for a desktop support engineer to join their Boston based team immediately.
The responsibilities of this individual will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Operational support – end-user assistance from the following channels: incoming requests via our ITSM provider Service-Now, user walk-up, Slack messages, calls and emails.
- Onboarding and offboarding: creating new hire accounts and imaging standard issue laptops and desktops
- Support nonstandard issued Macs in the environment managed with JAMF
- Create documentation and procedures in Service-Now knowledge base
- Working knowledge of video conference technologies such as Poly, Zoom and RingCentral
- Configuration of mobile devices, printers, headsets and other peripherals
- Experience with streamlining business process and technical automation
- Ability to script using PowerShell, VB script or other languages.
- Work across many systems and technologies
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Must be able to work with external support providers and vendors.
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills
- Self-starter who wants to continue learning
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office Suites (2016 / Office 365) (proficient in excel is a bonus) Azure
- Ability to support both Window and Mac OSX (JAMF knowledge is a bonus)
- Peripheral equipment support (Konica and HP printers & Copiers)
- Mobile device configuration and troubleshooting (iPhone & iPads)
- Email and network connectivity troubleshooting (outlook and Cisco VPN)
- Understanding of fundamental Windows technologies, including: Active Directory, group policy, Windows Debugger, mapped drives
- Understanding of imaging technologies, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, SysPrep, Windows PE and Microsoft
Business and Interpersonal Requirements
- Strong analytical ability; must be able to solve complex problems both individually and as part of a team
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, experience of supporting C Level Executives.
- Ability to understand business requirements and develop solutions to meet those needs
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to function independently – self-motivated.
- Communicative and take pride of sharing knowledge and information.
- Proactive mind set; always looking ways to improve the current landscape and how to leverage technology to operate more efficiently.
Educational and Professional Experience
- 10 years of equivalent related work experience
- Bachelor Degree and/or technical certification a plus
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts, ITIL Foundation Certification a plus
- Financial industry experience
For immediate consideration please email a resume to Kenny at Kwilliams@daleyaa.com