Desktop Engineering Lead
Our client, a successful investment manager, would like to add a Desktop Support Engineer/Help Desk associate to their team immediately. This role is a high growth opportunity for the right candidate who is passionate about technology and has high-level customer service.
Ideal candidates will have 5-7 years working in a professional services environment preferably investment management with experience supporting level 1-3 issues for employees of the firm ranging from associate through C -level. A four-year degree from an accredited university is required, preferably with a focus in Computer Science or related, Math Science Etc.
Maintain and monitor end-user workstations and productivity on local area network. Perform a variety of maintenance, software installation, end-user support, and training tasks to ensure end-user workstations and network performance meet company and user requirements. Provide support to staff on all company-supported applications. Troubleshoot computer problems, determine the source and advise on appropriate action. Complete application project-based work. Perform responsibilities by all company standards, policies, and procedures.
- Administer end-user workstations and support end-user activities utilizing TCP/IP on a local area network (LAN).
- Expert on Mac/Apple support as well as Windows.
- Familiar with both Jamf and Intune.
- Investigate user problems and identify their source – determines possible solutions, tests, and implements solutions.
- Install, configure, and maintain personal computers, Windows networks, Apple workstations, file servers, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices, and systems.
- Add or upgrade and configure disk drives, printers, and related equipment.
- Perform and/or oversee software and application installation and upgrades.
- Maintain site licenses for department/organization.
- Plan and implement network security, including maintaining firewalls, configuring VPN, managing host security, file permissions, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users.
- Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Develop and conduct various training and instruction for system users on operating systems and other applications.
- Assist users in maximizing the use of networks and computing systems.
- Maintain confidentiality about the information being processed, stored, or accessed by the end-users on the network.
- Assist personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
- Provide computer orientation to new and existing company staff.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in a related field and 5-7 years of networking experience, or equivalent applicable work experience.
- 5 years help desk experience.
- Jamf, Intune, Okta, and Meraki experience desired.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to install, configure, and maintain personal computers, networks, and related hardware and software.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Can work with a wide range of personalities and levels of employees from associates to C level.
For immediate consideration please email Kenny at Kwilliams@daleyaa.com