Deal Costing Manager – Boston, MA – Private Equity
A global private equity firm focused on international buyouts, growth and strategic restructuring of companies in Western and Central Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia is looking to hire a Deal Costing Manager to their growing team! The Deal Cost Manager will have the technical knowledge and experience to have a positive impact on the Management Company and the firm. The Management Company includes the corporate accounting responsibilities within General Ledger, Deal Cost, and Accounts Payable. The Deal Cost Manager will manage the deal cost recharge to the funds, portfolio companies, or holding companies and will work with fund administration, deal teams, and other stakeholders to ensure compliance with Limited Partnership and other applicable governing documents.
Accounting & Reporting
- Manage and support team responsible for deal project and fund recharge process, including:
- Communicate with the Deal Team and others to obtain recharge authorization and resolve any necessary adjustments.
- Collaborate with the Fund Accounting team, Tax team, and others to obtain the proper allocation for costs.
- Coordinate recharge to portfolio companies, funds or other entities.
- Identify opportunities for further automation of the deal recharge process.
- Deliver specialized reporting for deal cost areas, including Limited Partner Advisory Committee disclosures, weekly/monthly/quarterly deal spend, global vendor reporting, etc.
- Act as point person between Deal Team and Accounts Payable team in deal closings.
- Support monthly close activity through review of deal cost related account analysis and reconciliations.
- Support the annual audit and external auditors relating to deal cost activity.
- Manage relationships, both internal and external, to ensure superior service is consistently provided.
- Maintain Business Approval Policy through collaboration with deal teams and corporate department heads.
- Serve as Banking Administrator including opening and closing accounts for the corporate business units.
Policies and Procedures
- Develop, maintain, and oversee policies and procedures with the Management Company team.
- Ensure compliance with established policies and procedures, LPAs, Advisory Agreements, etc.
- Process Improvements/System Enhancement
- Lead or support ongoing system upgrades/enhancements and new system implementations.
- Practice and promote a culture of continuous improvement through automation (embracing and leveraging technology), streamlining and innovation.
Experience and Technical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a nationally recognized college/university, required
- CPA required; Big Four preferred
- 6+ years of public and/or private general accounting experience
- Experience with Tier 1 ERP financial system preferred
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
This role is a full-time hybrid opportunity (3 days in 2 at home) that will offer a competitive base, bonus, and great benefits. If you are interested in this opportunity, please reach out to Vincenzo Kulturides directly at firstname.lastname@example.org