Chief Information Officer – Boston, MA
Daley and Associates is currently conducting a search for a Chief Information Officer with a client, who is a professional service firm located in Boston’s Seaport District.
This CIO will help digitally transform the entire organization. Must have experience in client services firms who can come in a create the strategic roadmap for the organization’s corporate infrastructure for the next 10 + years. This is an onsite role 4-5 days per week.
- Manage risk, user accessibility and administrative privileges, and maintain the highest levels of cybersecurity in the firm’s geographically distributed, international work environment.
- Collaborate with firm leaders to identify technology strategies that best enable the achievement of firm and department goals, supported by ROI analysis and strong project management.
- Provide forward thinking and collaborative leadership for an IT team of professionals with a commitment to providing education, service, and accessibility to a staff of 250.
- Advocate for, assist in vetting, and support the implementation of design and delivery technologies that enable us to innovate and compete.
- Leverage and integrate best in class software and platforms for design (e.g. Autodesk AEC Collection) and business processes (e.g. Deltek Vantagepoint ERP) surrounding design and delivery.
- Work across multiple intersecting departments, both design and operational to implement systems and best practices to coalesce and harvest broad firm-wide knowledge including information/data siloed in existing systems, documents, images and design file formats, as well as unstructured or implicit/tacit knowledge that might not be directly retrievable.
- Partner with firm leaders and department heads to evaluate and modernize or replace legacy systems, networks, hardware, software, platforms and technologies; lead implementation of new platforms, upgrades and migrations.
- Support all departments and employees in overcoming technical issues and securing or developing solutions to network, hardware, software, and platform issues and requirements; ensure IT department staff has the requisite knowledge and skills to provide in-depth and broad technical support.
- Drive adoption and effective use of systems and technologies by analyzing use, delivering trainings, and providing help-desk and up-to-date resources.
- Focus on increasing collaboration and productivity through centering user experience and capability while eliminating redundant processes and reworking.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of business requirements idiosyncratic to the company as well as those of the broader industry.
- Ensure the appropriate mix of staff, consultants, and/or vendors are in place to support the technology requirements of the firm.
- Identify, attract and assist in hiring top talent.
- Stay current with emerging technologies, trends, and vendors.
- Manage a team of 4-6 technology professionals, including mentoring, professional development, job supervision, and performance evaluation.
- Provide oversight to the BIM/CAD technology department.
- Bachelor's degree in IT management, management information systems, information science, computer science or related field
- 15 years’ experience in an IT or MIS senior leadership role at firms with 200-500 employees preferred
- 10 years’ experience managing a team of IT professionals
- 5 years’ experience supporting technology needs within a passionate, project-based client services firm industry preferred
- 1 years’ recent experience with managing cybersecurity operations or relevant CECs
- Experience creating and implementing a strategic plan
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to collaborate, communicate, build consensus, and achieve tangible results by engaging a wide range of personalities
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to develop and execute plans; ability and desire to “roll up sleeves”
- Ability to proactively lead and develop a positive, productive and responsive team
- Ability to manage priorities and resources, including using one’s own time and skills to ensure end-user needs are met
- Ability to analyze, synthesize, and manage information
- Superior relationship management skills: ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers, as well as effectively operate within a matrix organization
- Superior communication skills: ability to listen, understand and adapt communication to reach different audiences
- Excellent judgement and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to migrate data and operability between systems
- Demonstrated ability to gather requirements, vet, select, configure, deploy, and drive adoption of and effective use of new systems/platforms
- Demonstrated ability to transition on-premises systems to the cloud
- Experience with ERPs, accounting systems, and HRIS
- Experience with on-premises Windows Server and Workstation operating environments and VPNs
- Experience with Microsoft Office 2016 and 365/Teams
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with
- BIM and CAD platforms
- Autodesk AEC Collection Deltek Vision
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org.