Chemistry Scientist/Sr. Scientist
Our client, an emerging, venture-backed biotech company developing RNAi genetic therapies gearing up for aggressive growth, is looking for a Scientist/Sr. Scientist to join their team. This person will be responsible for oligonucleotide CMC and participating in the process design, development, and manufacture of RNAi therapeutic candidates, as well as supervising and supporting junior team members.
- Supports oligonucleotide development and fosters growth in the team’s capabilities in oligonucleotide process chemistry.
- Monomer synthesis, oligonucleotide solid phase synthesis, purification, and bioconjugation.
- Report on project progress, write analytical development reports and provides recommendations to management.
- Collaborates with internal and external manufacturing partners to develop robust chemical processes that are readily amenable to efficient drug substance manufacturing for both pre-clinical and clinical settings.
- Maintains lab notebooks and reports data and analysis results in presentations and written reports to the scientific team.
- Troubleshoot, optimize, and trend method performance.
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams including Biology (in vitro and in vivo pharmacology), and Chemistry (drug substance and analytical sciences groups).
- Ph.D. in organic, or oligonucleotide chemistry, biochemistry, or a related discipline with 4+ years of direct experience in oligonucleotide design, synthesis, conjugation, and formulation.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry with demonstrated accomplishments.
- Knowledge of synthetic techniques that include siRNA conjugations derived from AKTA
- Oligopilot and Mermade synthesizers with RP and AEX purification.
- A history of authoring publications and/or study reports.
- Experience working within project teams in a biotechnology organization.
- Experience in the early discovery and development of oligonucleotide therapeutics is highly desired.
- Experience with automated or semi-automated instrumentation preferred
- A deep commitment to working as part of teams to deliver breakthrough medicines.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org