Our client, a large Regional CPA Firm in the Boston area, seeks an Audit Manager to join their team. This position is 100% Remote with no plans to ever go back into the office.
The Audit Manager will perform and direct the broadest range of accounting tasks and will assist the audit team in the development of audit strategy, planning, review and interpretation of audit findings for clients within the Cannabis, Non Profit and Education industries.
Essential Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Apply technical skills, identify best practices and improvements, and consider applicability of best practices for other clients.
- Understand internal control deficiencies, work on training staff on internal control processes and develop comments for management letters.
- Understand risk assessment process and apply knowledge in completing all related forms.
- Prepare financial reports (statements, notes and any supplemental information) and all other client deliverables.
- Manage engagement staff to meet deliverable deadlines; identify roadblocks and understand critical milestones to meet client service expectations.
- Manage, develop, train and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Actively participate in learning and development opportunities, formal learning (CPE) and training programs.
- Attend professional development, networking events and training seminars on a regular basis.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university required.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in public accounting required.
- Active CPA license required.
- A solid understanding of audit services, with knowledge of GAAP and GAAS regulations.
- Proficient with computer software packages and platforms including Microsoft Office Suite, ProSystems and CCH.
- Ability to meet challenging client requirements, provide services, and possess strong communication, interpersonal, analytical, and research abilities.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions and recommendations in client related matters pertaining to the audit.
- Must be able to work additional hours during busy season, as needed, to meet client deliverables.
Looking to pay $120-170K + Bonus! If interested, please email Wes Tyrrell at email@example.com.