Associate Director- Finance & Investment Operations
A highly successful asset management firm located in Boston, MA is looking for an Associate Director of Finance to join their team. This individual will have primary oversight responsibility over hedge fund and public equity fund investments, which comprise the largest allocation of assets within the portfolio. This Finance team works closely with the firm’s investment professionals and external fund managers, as well as legal operations teams to execute all of the investment activities for the portfolio.
- Provide direction and guidance to the firms fund administrator on their execution of transactions and valuations to ensure accounting and performance record are maintained accurately and timely
- Oversee the valuation, accounting and reporting of the portfolio’s investments in hedges funds, credit and other equity focused strategies
- Collaborate with the team members and other functions across the firm to execute the monthly accounting period closes, develop liquidity projections, and analyze investment valuations and portfolio performance
- Work closely with the investment team during deal closes, with a keen focus on a liquidity terms and other structural analysis and to support the portfolio investments across trade cycle
- Perform technical analysis and research on portfolio matters, and actively engage across support functions, as we all with external service providers and 3rd party functions
- Contribute towards a strong internal control environment that seeks to protect and safeguard the financial assets and intellectual property
- BS in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- 5-7 years of relevant experience; Big 4 public accounting
- Strong understanding of the investment industry and proficiency with hedge funds structures, valuation issues and financial reporting matters
- Ability to work well under pressure, consistently meet deadlines and deal with the unexpected
- Strong communication skills
This role is a full-time position that offer a competitive salary, plus a strong bonus. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please reach out directly to Kelly Hanlon at email@example.com.