Assistant Corporate Controller – Boston, MA – Private Equity
A global private equity firm focused on international buyouts, growth and strategic restructuring of companies in Western and Central Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia is looking to hire an Assistant Corporate Controller to their growing team! The Assistant Controller will be responsible to accurately report the financial position and results and its worldwide subsidiaries and provide decision support to management and contribute to long-term and short-term strategic planning with Corporate Controller / Vice President of Finance; execute plans and monitor progress / success with team.
Team Development and Relationship Management
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships across all management teams, domestic and international
- Manage relationships and responsibilities with the Corporate Accounting, Tax, Legal, Payroll, FP&A, Fund Administration and Compliance teams to produce accurate results and to ensure requirements are achieved
- Assist in development / maintenance of training programs with team
- Develop team:
- Monitor performance of direct reports and team
- Provide prompt and objective coaching and counseling
- Deliver difficult messages in a professional and empathetic way that limits misunderstanding and promotes acceptance.
- Promote and project an environment of career challenge and growth, with an emphasis on full client service environment / attitude
- Interview and train new and existing staff members
Accounting & Reporting
- Manage the preparation and delivery of comprehensive monthly, quarterly, and annual statutory financial and management reporting and related analyses in accordance with established timetables
- Review all general ledger activity and provide / develop meaningful executive level analysis to business stakeholders, as needed (e.g. assist budget to actual reporting for trends, and early identification and resolution of issues)
- Support the annual audit and external auditors, including preparation of tax basis financial statements, related notes and supporting information
- Collaborate with the International Accounting team on monthly financial close planning, tax strategy, ongoing changes and anticipated impacts on consolidations and other reporting
- Develop / maintain / monitor management company cash and revolver balances, composition and sources and uses.
- Support Tax team in tax compliance areas – corporate tax, sales and use tax, VAT, transfer pricing, permanent establishment risk management.
- Interface with Tax, Accounting, and Legal teams to ensure local regulatory requirements are met
- Assist in tax planning strategies – from inception through execution
- Respond to client inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Supervise Corporate Accounting team and prioritize daily work to maximize efficiency and timeliness
- Manage client relationships (both internal and external) to ensure superior service is consistently provided
- Oversight of corporate credit card administration
- Deliver specialized reporting for deal cost areas, including LPAC disclosures, weekly/monthly/quarterly deal spend, global vendor reporting, etc.
- Own global banking platform with outside service providers; provide support and ongoing enhancements to users
Experience and Technical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a nationally recognized college/university, required
- CPA required; Big Four & Tax experience preferred
- 7+ years of public and/or private general accounting experience
- Experience with Tier 1 ERP financial system
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated success in a managerial role, preferably in a complex, multinational environment
- Excellent technical abilities and understanding of accounting and reporting for foreign based entities (including IFRS, foreign exchange, multicurrency considerations and transfer pricing)
This role is a full-time hybrid opportunity (3 days in 2 at home) that will offer a competitive base, bonus, and great benefits. If you are interested in this opportunity, please reach out to Vincenzo Kulturides directly at firstname.lastname@example.org