Assistant Controller (Hybrid, 2 days in office)
A highly successful Family Office, located in Boston, is actively searching for an Assistant Controller to join their team. Reporting to the CFO, this person will be the senior finance and accounting professional for the office and will be responsible for preparing and monitoring financial statements, approving investor service billing monthly, tax compliance, investor relations etc. If you’re interested in learning more about the Assistant Controller role, please keep reading.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare and review accurate and timely financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements for all investment vehicles
- Performance reporting: Build and run investment-level waterfall and performance calculations; support senior management with Operating Company’s P&L and balance sheet
- Review and approve investor service billing monthly
- Board Meetings- Review and approve board of director books on a quarterly basis
- Tax Compliance: Demonstrate a deep understanding of tax regulations and work closely with tax consultants to ensure accurate and timely tax filings for the investment funds and related entities
- Investor Relations: Oversees internal and external reporting; key point of contact for investor inquiries related to fund accounting and financial reporting matters.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in fund accounting at a top accounting/consulting shop, with at least two years working for a real estate investment manager or real estate investment group
- Strong knowledge of tax principles and regulations related to real estate investments, including partnership taxation and compliance
- Proficiency in financial reporting, GAAP accounting, and investment fund structures Experience with real estate accounting software (Yardi) and ERP systems
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial data and make data-driven recommendations
This is a full-time opportunity that is offering a hybrid work model (2 days in office), up to 160K base (depending on experience), plus bonus and great opportunity for growth and development. If you’re interested in the Assistant Controller Role, please submit your resume to Hali Siegel at Hsiegel@daleyaa.com.