Assistant Controller – Investment Management Firm – Boston, MA
This company is a multi-billion-dollar alternative credit manager that utilizes various credit strategies to meet their investors’ objectives. They are currently seeking an Assistant Controller to join their dynamic team. They are a lean team of about 30 people, and the role is based in Boston, MA.
This person will support the controller and CFO and will be supported by a finance associate.
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual financial statements and partner’s capital statements across fund vehicles
- Oversee the ongoing compliance and reporting associated with senior credit facilities
- Liaise with treasurer and middle office manager to assist in the management of cash needs
- Oversee the preparation and dissemination of fund vehicle distributions and capital calls
- Create, prepare, and disseminate key reports to management and investors
- Work closely with independent auditors, especially during the preparation of the year-end audited financial statements
- Work with tax provider to file tax returns and K-1s in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with accounting, reporting and finance policies and procedures
- Identify, develop and implement enhancements for process improvement efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA license preferred
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in private or public accounting
- Experience with fund accounting, reporting and valuation required (PE, hedge fund, or credit preferred)
This is a full-time, hybrid position (3 days in the office and 2 days from home). The salary is up to $140k base plus 20% bonus. If you are interested in learning more, please contact Erin Sullivan directly at email@example.com.