Assistant Controller (Hybrid, 3 days in office)
An alternative credit manager, located in Boston, is actively seeking an Assistant Controller to join their team! Reporting to the Controller, this person will be in charge of overseeing the financial accounting and reporting functions related to three commingled funds and support both the firm’s Controller and CFO. They’re looking to pay 130-140K base, plus bonus and a hybrid work schedule. If you’re interested in the Assistant Controller role, please keep reading.
- With the assistance of external administrators, prepare and review quarterly and annual financial statements and partner’s capital statements across three of the Firm’s fund vehicles
- Oversee the ongoing compliance and reporting associated with senior credit facilities
- Assist in the management of cash needs of the firm alongside the Firm’s treasurer and middle office manager
- Oversee the preparation and dissemination of fund vehicle distributions and capital calls
- Assist in the creation, preparation, and dissemination of key reports to Firm management and investors
- Serve as a key contributor to the investor relations and marketing team by providing accurate and insightful data and analysis
- Work closely with independent auditors, especially during the preparation of the year-end audited financial statements
- BA/BS required; CPA license preferred
- Public / private accounting experience (5-8 years of relevant experience, credit experience is ideal)
- Extensive fund partnership accounting and reporting required (credit, PE, or hedge fund experience preferred)
- Experience with Allvue Systems is a plus
- Credit facility oversight and administration experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of GAAP fund accounting and valuation
This is a full-time opportunity that is offering a 130-140K base salary, plus bonus and a hybrid work schedule. If you’re interested in the Assistant Controller role, please submit your resume to Hali Siegel at firstname.lastname@example.org.