A leading education consulting firm, located in Boston, that focuses on connecting international students, universities, and service providers, is seeking an experienced and driven individual to join the firm as an Accounting Manager. This position will report to the Corporate Controller and will be responsible for overseeing various aspects of corporate accounting including, but not limited to commissions and bonus accounting, fixed and prepaid assets, and vendor accruals. This position will offer up to a $155k base salary plus a bonus, a very generous benefits package, and a superior work/life balance with a hybrid schedule (2 days in the office per month). If you are interested, please keep reading!
- Partner with the Sales and Commissions team to properly account for commissions and bonuses
- Review monthly journal entries and reconciliations for areas including, but not limited to, fixed assets, intangible assets, prepaid expenses, term loan, accrued payroll/benefits, and vendor accruals
- Support the Company’s adoption and future adherence to ASC842 Lease Accounting
- Compare actual results to budgeted expectations with the FP&A Team and provide additional reconciliation support where needed
- Document, review, recommend improvements, and implement best practices around internal control processes, systems, and procedures around all essential job functions
- Engage in talent management activities such as goal setting, performance evaluations, stay interviews, development planning, and ongoing feedback to develop team members and achieve organization goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 7+ years of experience in corporate accounting and/or public accounting, including 2-3 years managing in a Corporate Accounting environment
- CPA preferred
- Experience working with accounting software such as NetSuite, Salesforce, FloQast, SmartSheet, and Coupa
- Experience with companies audited by a Big 4 firm or other national accounting firms
If you are interested and want to learn more, please email your resume to Caelan Etti at firstname.lastname@example.org.