Are you looking to get away from a strict Public Audit Manager role, this Public Accounting Account Manager grant and contract compliance opportunity is for you!
Our client, a boutique accounting firm located in the Boston area, is seeking an experienced Account Manager that will manage a portfolio of clients in addition to training and developing Staff Accountants and Project Managers.
This position is not a traditional Public Accounting Manager role as the Firm provides Outsourced Accounting Services for government grants and contracts to ensure the client is in compliance with all terms of the contract/grant.
Account Managers play a vital role at our client working alongside the Partners actively advising clients on recommended solutions and helping navigate complex, technical matters. This position supports the firm’s growth initiative and business development plan by developing and retaining talented people through coaching, mentoring, and on-the-job training and feedback.
· Deep understanding of GAAP, FAR, IRC and job cost accounting.
· Performing indirect rate projections and year-end planning.
· Managing indirect rates and advising on the appropriate rate structure.
· Re-budgeting of funds for awards.
· Manage client engagements, monitor staff time budgets for profitability and ensure necessary products and services are provided.
· Review time records and produce monthly billing invoices.
· Review staff work and provide timely, pointed feedback.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
· Exceptional interpersonal skills with C level management.
· Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and quality control.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills with discipline to self-manage time, meet strict deadlines, and look ahead for others.
· Ability to manage multiple clients and client service teams along with their government imposed and internal deadlines.
· Effective communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
· Professional presence, positive attitude, and the ability to connect and collaborate with team members at all levels.
· Willingness to learn and look to expand and develop an in-depth knowledge of areas of interest.
· Minimum of 8 years’ relevant accounting and auditing experience, preferably in public accounting. Knowledge and experience in grants and contracts with federal agencies (DOE, DOD, NIH)
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; Master’s in Accountancy preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience supervising, training, and mentoring staff.
· Valid CPA license required.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· This is a full-time, in office position that follows core office hours.
Looking to pay $150-200K + Bonus! If interested, please email Wes Tyrrell at firstname.lastname@example.org.