Boston is where it’s at on July 4th. This year they celebrate their 40th annual Harborfest, bringing live entertainment, historical reenactments, a chowder fest, and fireworks to the downtown area from Friday, July 1st through Monday, July 4th.
The Boston 4th of July parade is 9:00 – 10:30 am, starting at City Hall Plaza and ending at the Old State House.
For the schedule of fireworks in various towns, check: https://www.bostoncentral.com/events/ma-fireworks/p21168.php
And for those who want to light up the grill for your celebration – here’s a recipe for
Grilled Boston Lobster – from Delish
- 1/4 c. melted butter
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. freshly sliced chives, plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 4 (8-oz.) lobster tails
- Extra-virgin olive oil for brushing
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, lemon juice, zest, chives, parsley, garlic, and salt.
- Using kitchen shears, cut the top of the lobster shell from the meaty portion of the tail. Using a knife, cut halfway through meat down the center, without cutting all the way through. Insert a skewer lengthwise through the lobster to keep lobster from curling up when cooked.
- Brush all over with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill flesh side down until lightly charred, about 6 minutes. Flip lobster and dollop a spoonful of butter mixture on the flesh side. Grill until just cooked through, about 5 minutes more.
- Remove lobster from the grill and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Serve with lemon wedges.